Ensuring that your tools are in good condition is an investment you’ll never regret. While cleaning your tools can be a tiresome process, keeping them stain free and well-maintained can be a rewarding experience as your tools will last longer.
Here are some tips on how to correctly maintain and store your tools:
- Soak your tools in hot, soapy water and wipe them completely dry with a cloth.
- You can also use a wire brush to clean off dirty surfaces and leave the tools to dry. If stored wet, or in a moist environment, they stand a greater chance of developing rust.
- Ensure that any dirt or grease is removed and store your tools in a clean toolbox.
- Always double check that your tool is unplugged prior to cleaning.
- Wipe your tools and materials clean with a cloth after every job, and store them in a clean toolbox.
- Don’t use a wet cloth, rather use a damp cloth to remove dust.
- Reach hard-to-clean areas with lightly oiled cotton swabs or other slender tools.
- Using an air compressor to blow air out of vents and crevices is the best way to remove dirt and dust from inside tools.
- Wash or use a wet cloth to wipe off dust and grease, or soak your tools in soapy water as it will effectively clean the tools.
- Dry them to prevent moisture buildup which can lead to tools rusting.
- Wipe or spray tools with oil to prevent drying and cracking and then store them in a clean toolbox or shed.
We care about the way your tools are maintained. If your tools are beyond repair, visit any BUCO store nationwide. Find your nearest store.
Subscribe to our mailing list for amazing deals on tools.